Pilates is a gentle form of exercise that is designed to address postural imbalances by elongating and strengthening muscles. It is ideal in combination with other approaches to assist rehabilitation from sports injuries or repetitive / habitual daily activities.
Who is it suitable for?
Pilates is beneficial for everyone. Whatever your age, level of fitness and health –
Pilates is suitable. The exercise programme is specifically designed and tailored to your individual needs. It changes as you change and you decide how far you want to progress.
Some of the benefits of Pilates:
- Improved posture
- Increased muscular tone
- Increased body awareness
- Improved spinal mobility and flexibility
- Stabilises the shoulder and pelvic girdles
- Better balance and co-ordination
- Relieves muscle tension and induces relaxation
- A flatter tummy and a more flattering body shape!
You feel the difference in 6 weeks. You see the difference in 10 weeks!