PRE AND POST NATAL MASSAGE
WHAT IS PRE NATAL MASSAGE?
Pre natal massage is therapeutic bodywork used during pregnancy and labour which focuses on the special needs and problem areas of the mother-to-be as her body goes through huge changes.
This is a full body massage, using a specially designed booster cushion which by accommodating the bump, allows expectant mums to lie on their tummy. This gives an opportunity for the mother and baby to fully relax and "be" together. Common pregnancy problems such as sinusitis and headache may be relieved without the use of medicine.
WHO IS IT SUITABLE FOR?
Suitable from the 13th week (for the 2nd and 3rd trimester) but contra-indications apply for high risk pregnancies).
WHAT IS POST NATAL MASSAGE?
Postnatal massage helps to relax and rebalance the body after the major experience of childbirth, providing much needed relaxation solely for the mother.
A few examples of the benefits of massage, and pregnancy massage are:
● Encourages relaxation, reduces tension and anxiety
● It helps increase circulation and mobility (e.g. calf cramps)
● Reduces swellings and eases tense muscles
● Stress relief on weight bearing joints (e.g. ankles, pelvis)
● Neck and back pain relief
● Natural relief for headache and sinus congestion